Painted Miniatures By Jarrett Lee
No pics yet but got 12 Skink Skirmishers done so far.
I debated going out to February Fracas today but ultimately since I wasn't entering the Golden Goblin this year I didn't think I'd get very much out of it (I imagine a lot of the preview stuff was Lizzies, which I plan to buy anyway lol).
With limited time, I decided to come home and start assembling my Lizardmen stuff.
The new plastics and models for Lizzies are mostly awesome, with a few not so awesome (some of which are not new I guess):
- Stegadon.....the whole time I'm assembling these (I bought TWO) Im thinking "epic". These are so, so awesome.
- Temple Guard - also awesome. Very nice looking and very easy to assemble!
- The new book - awesome although I'm a newb. Im actually READING the fluff. I never, ever do that.
- Chakax..... the model and his rules are really win. Making him only available by Direct Services: epic fail. Who the heck made that decision??
- Kroxigors - bodies are win, heads are fail. I actually ponder putting Dark Elf cold-one heads on these. That'll be expensive though. I didnt buy any yet because I hate the heads.
- Same with the old Cold One riders. It's a shame the DE cold ones are so awesome but the actual Lizardmen ones are....goofy looking basically. Pass!
So far I have (in various states of built, primed or partially painted)
32 Saurus Warriors
20 Temple Guard
a Scar Veteran
a Slaan Mage-Priest
Seems like a good start. I'll probably add Teradons later too.
Oh, speaking of fail by the way: WTF is up with Forgeworld? Seriously, hire more people or something for Pete's sake. The product is awesome, why not match it with service? The Ork Bike I ordered probably more than 2 months ago (and was charged for already) still isn't here. I went to the post office with a notice today but it was for a Warstore order. An order I placed Monday, from the States, took about 4 days to reach me regular shipping.